Bill McKinlay 7th March 2015 - Open & Mixed Competitions
Limited space available for the always popular tournament. Enter now to avoid disappointment.
Bill McKinlay 7-a-side Tournament – Saturday March 7th 2015
Venue: Bill McKinlay Park, Mount Wellington
Times: 9am – 3.30pm
Squad Size: Max 12 Players
Open & Mixed Competitions
Cost: $175 per team
Waiheke 7-a-side Tournament – Saturday February 21st 2015
Venue: Onetangi Sports Park, Waiheke
Times: 10am – 3.30pm
Open, Mixed and Over 35′s Competitions
Cost: $200 per team
If your team has entered into the Waiheke 7 Aside Tournament on the 21st February, the great news is that we have a full house of 40 teams. Importantly, from a cost and logistics point of view its time to think about getting there, as well as making sure your players don’t bale on you when crunch time arrives. Good news is that we have secured the following special through the Explore Group who have recently started services to the island.They have even undertaken to give us a dedicated boat should we fill it and with over 300 players we should come close!
The Explore Group is offering a 20% discount off the normal ferry rates or even better (in my opinion) they are offering a free transfer once on the island. To take advantage of the 2 options below you will need to book and pay online by visiting – Explore Group Booking
Promo Code 1: WFBTC: This gives you a return Ferry trip and return bus Transfer to Onetangi Sports Park. ($36pp).
Promo Code 2: WFBT: If you want the Ferry special only. i.e. someone is picking you up on the other side, or you are making a long weekend of it. This deal is a 20% discount off return fare ($28.8)
Ferry Times: To take advantage of the Free Transfer – option 1, you must book on the Saturday 21st sailing from Auckland at 8:30am or 7:30am. (Earlier the better, but not essential) and return on the 4:30pm or 5:30pm sailing from Matiatia. (The latter if you plan to stay at the park a little longer).
Thats all for now. The Team at Football fix, will be chasing hard for actual tournament entry fee so we can post the Draw as soon as possible.
- Jump on the Fullers ferry (City or Devonport) at either 7am or 8am and enjoy a scenic trip across to Waiheke.
- If you wish to arrange your own vehicle on the sea-link ferry book early
- Transfer from Matiatia Ferry point to Onetangi Sports Park in a Group bus
- Settle into the awesome grass fields at the home of Waiheke United
- Bring your own shade or sit in the club house
- Play a minimum of five 7-aside games (Easy Football Fix rules and great referees)
- Play teams from across Auckland – new faces, new challenges
- Chili-bins are welcome or buy drinks from the local Waiheke Sports Clubs
- Have your own barbecue or buy from the local Waiheke Sports Clubs
- Watch the finals, or better still play in them if your team makes it
- Have a shower, transfer back into town and catch a ferry at different times through-out the evening
- Or, book a batch and make a weekend of it!