Next: 7 A Side Pre-Season Midweek Tournaments at Saint Peters College
Mens (Tues 30 June & Thur 2nd July) & Mixed (Wed 1st July)
Saturday 20th June : Midgets and Junior Fun Tournament
Greenhithe SWAT u11 Football team is raising funds to participate in a Gold Coast Football Tournament. They have decided to stage a series of mini-tournaments at the Albany Five Aside centre. 6 teams per age category will fight it out in an intensive 2 hour tournament. Within that time, each team will play 5 games of non-stop football action. This is not an endorsed or official Midget football initiative, merely a fun fundraiser. The ball never goes out. 2 hours on the 5 aside, fully enclosed pitch is like playing a 4 hour tournament – Enter now and support a worthy cause. Details below… To enter click on the block above.
- 8:30am-10:00am – 6th Grade*
- 10:00am -11:30am – 7th Grade *
- When you finished, walk across the road and Watch the 3rd vs 4th place playoff
Points to Note:
- Location – Football Fix’s very own, custom built 5-aside centre
- Entries on a first come first serve basis.
- Preferably don’t wear club strip as it is not an official event
- Bibs will be provided if teams does not have a set of kit
- Preferably no official rep teams in grades 6-9, although “friends and school” teams welcome
- Tournament is an open one and is not sanctioned or endorsed by NFF
- Squad Size: Max 6 Players (5 on the field with 1 rolling reserve)
- Cost: $60 per team – payable online on entry
- There will be scoring kept. “Very Un-PC”
- There will be one winning and 5 non-winning teams. Winners can expect certificates and a trophy
- * 6th and 7th Grade Tournaments are 90 minutes in duration
- Playing Rules
- Referees will be provided
Pre-Season Tournament At Saint Peters College
We’ve created a midweek exciting tournament format for all those teams that want to test their skills for the next season or even for those teams that can’t commit but are looking for a once of event which won’t take their weekends away
- Tuesday 30th June & Thursday 2nd July (Mens Competition)
- 3 Divisions To Choose To Enter (Max 4 teams per division)
- 3 x Round Robin Games (20min 1 way i.e no half time)
- 1 x Final (25min) Winner Takes All
- Cost $120 / Team (Payable Upon Entry)
Click The Links Below To Enter Your Team
Bill McKinlay 7-a-side Tournament – Saturday March 7th 2015
Venue: Bill McKinlay Park, Mount Wellington
Times: 9am – 3.30pm
Squad Size: Max 12 Players
Open & Mixed Competitions
Cost: $175 per team
Waiheke 7-a-side Tournament – Saturday February 21st 2015
Venue: Onetangi Sports Park, Waiheke
Times: 10am – 3.30pm
Open, Mixed and Over 35′s Competitions
Cost: $200 per team
If your team has entered into the Waiheke 7 Aside Tournament on the 21st February, the great news is that we have a full house of 40 teams. Importantly, from a cost and logistics point of view its time to think about getting there, as well as making sure your players don’t bale on you when crunch time arrives. Good news is that we have secured the following special through the Explore Group who have recently started services to the island.They have even undertaken to give us a dedicated boat should we fill it and with over 300 players we should come close!
The Explore Group is offering a 20% discount off the normal ferry rates or even better (in my opinion) they are offering a free transfer once on the island. To take advantage of the 2 options below you will need to book and pay online by visiting – Explore Group Booking
Promo Code 1: WFBTC: This gives you a return Ferry trip and return bus Transfer to Onetangi Sports Park. ($36pp).
Promo Code 2: WFBT: If you want the Ferry special only. i.e. someone is picking you up on the other side, or you are making a long weekend of it. This deal is a 20% discount off return fare ($28.8)
Ferry Times: To take advantage of the Free Transfer – option 1, you must book on the Saturday 21st sailing from Auckland at 8:30am or 7:30am. (Earlier the better, but not essential) and return on the 4:30pm or 5:30pm sailing from Matiatia. (The latter if you plan to stay at the park a little longer).
Thats all for now. The Team at Football fix, will be chasing hard for actual tournament entry fee so we can post the Draw as soon as possible.
- Jump on the Fullers ferry (City or Devonport) at either 7am or 8am and enjoy a scenic trip across to Waiheke.
- If you wish to arrange your own vehicle on the sea-link ferry book early
- Transfer from Matiatia Ferry point to Onetangi Sports Park in a Group bus
- Settle into the awesome grass fields at the home of Waiheke United
- Bring your own shade or sit in the club house
- Play a minimum of five 7-aside games (Easy Football Fix rules and great referees)
- Play teams from across Auckland – new faces, new challenges
- Chili-bins are welcome or buy drinks from the local Waiheke Sports Clubs
- Have your own barbecue or buy from the local Waiheke Sports Clubs
- Watch the finals, or better still play in them if your team makes it
- Have a shower, transfer back into town and catch a ferry at different times through-out the evening
- Or, book a batch and make a weekend of it!