You can pay your e-games tournament registration fees by:
- Bank transfer to FootballFix
Kiwibank, 38 9011 0479943 000
Particulars: Your name
Code: Your gamertag
Reference: Tournament ID
- Log in to the Player Portal and pay via credit card
Rules & FAQs
E-Games by FootballFix is a sub-brand owned and operated by FootballFix – leading organisers of Aotearoa’s favourite social football leagues. E-Games is a digital platform that connects gamers to organised e-events (tournaments) on XBOX or Playstation.
Events hosted by E-Games vary across console, game, game types, and in-game conditions. All details are specified for each event. Most games require an entry fee and also come with cash prizes, plus additional spot prizes announced on the FootballFix social media accounts.
Getting started is easy! Head to the E-Games page to explore upcoming events and to access Battlefy where you can register for a competition. All registrants will need a Battlefy and Twitch account to enter our events.
By registering for an E-Games competition, you agree to the rules on this page, the event conditions, as well as Battlefy’s terms and Twitch’s terms.
- Currently, events are held only for FIFA20 on XBOX and Playstation.
- Most events have their own format conditions, such as half-length, stadium, team selection criteria, team management criteria, etc. Please check the individual event’s conditions for more details.
- When choosing your game mode and team, it is important that you read the individual event conditions as these may vary.
- Playing with a team that does not meet the event criteria may result in a forfeit, with repeat offenses resulting in event expulsion.
- Each event will have set fixture dates and times displayed on the event Battlefy page.
- Players will be required to check-in on Battlefy no less than 15mins before your game is due to start, sharing your gamertag with your opponent to connect on your console.
- Once games are complete, players must take a photo/screenshot the final result and submit/upload scores on Battlefy.
- Login to Battlefy 15-30mins before scheduled tournament and check-in
Handy tip: You can also log into Battlefy and check-in through your phone
- Search for player in your fixture bracket and add as friend on your console
- Once you have been added as a friend, invite player to game in the Head to Head Online Friendlies game mode (host should be first named on the fixture, who would need to invite the opponent and set tournament conditions i.e. game length/speed/golden goal etc)
- Once game has finished, report score and upload photo proof (photo of final score screen or screenshot)
- Check into next game and repeat this process for each match
- E-Games by FootballFix events are open to anyone in New Zealand (only).
- Minimum age for e-games entry is 16.
- Players under the age of 16 may enter, but must provide parental consent. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the registrant’s name, gamertag, and date of birth, along with the parent/guardian’s contact details including name, phone and email. Most validations occur via signed form or phone call.
- Players are required to have a decent internet connection (VDSL minimum) and either a Playstation 4 or XBOX One console to enter.
- Headsets are optional
- All players must have an active Twitch account shared with the FootballFix team before the match commences (create Twitch account here)
- All players must have a Battlefy account (create Battlefy account here)
- Prizes for E-Games competitions are typically cash prizes set by us and managed by Battlefy.
- Spot prizes can be awarded by our team directly to players as well.
Bad connections (lag) and disconnections
All players entering our competitions must meet the minimum Equipment requirements as detailed above. This includes a minimum VDSL internet connection.
If your connection or your opponent’s connection is not up to standard:
- Pause the game and message your opponent directly within the first 5 virtual minutes of gameplay. Try and resolve the issue directly with them first.
- If neither player submits a message within the first 5mins, the match score after this time will count even if the game disconnects.
- Any disconnections within the first 5mins must result in an immediate replay. If the game disconnects and a player can’t replay the match within 5mins (real time), this counts as a default win to the player who is active. It is up to the players to ensure they have a strong, stable connection before the event begins.
- For any disconnections after the first 45mins of virtual game time, the current score will stand and no replay will be eligible for submission. The player that advances to the next round will be the player who is active (did not lose connection).
Cheating and unfair play
Cheating or unfair gameplay will not be tolerated. Please see above for disputes process. Any caught cheating or breaking the rules or conditions of the game will risk expulsion from the event, forfeiting any of their entry fees paid. Repeat offenders will risk further disciplinary action.
What is Battlefy?
Battlefy is the platform we use to manage our events. We can manage fixtures, schedules, registrations, ladders and seeding using this platform. All players must have a Battlefy account to play.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is a game streaming platform. We use this both for community engagement and quality assurance for our competitions. All players must have a Twitch account to play (shared with us upon registration), and at least one player from each game in a knock-out round (quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals) must livestream their match on Twitch.